POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : QTVR panorama freewares ? : Re: QTVR panorama freewares ? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QTVR panorama freewares ?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 26 Jun 2003 13:05:27
Message: <3efb27d7$1@news.povray.org>

jer### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> Don't feel bad, it doesn't even really exist for Mac OS. (That's not a
> modern app, so in order to use it I would have to install the older OS
> environment. It would run "within" Mac OS X, but installing all of the
> older OS makes that app take up a pretty huge amount of space.)

It certainly looks like Apple decided to kill the free, entry-level
authoring for QTVR... I've seen a lot of pages that made references to these
free tools for teachers (kids making panoramas from their field trips),
photographers hobbyists etc. and this doesn't seem really available now :( I
even seem to remember that the free version of QT came with authoring tools
at some time, but I could be mistaken.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com